Candy bursts of cool citrus and wealthy buttery taste in these key lime cookies make them such a enjoyable shock!
Love key lime pie? I guess you’ll love these little key lime tea cookies, too!
They’re the right deal with for St. Patrick’s Day, Cinco de Mayo, and past!
Do you ever keep away from making an attempt new meals since you’re satisfied it’s one thing you received’t get pleasure from?
As an grownup, I can work previous my preconceived notions about flavors I feel I ought to keep away from… however youngsters are a special story! That’s what occurred with these little key lime cookies.
After I first instructed the women I used to be engaged on a recipe for lime cookies, they weren’t satisfied! Doubtful seems to be shot across the kitchen earlier than I satisfied them to offer them a strive.
Nicely, I feel the lovable form and piped dab of frosting helped! After a single chunk of this candy citrusy goodness, I undoubtedly have them on board.
Honestly, I like lemon and lime every thing. When you do too, I feel you’ll love my do-it-yourself lime sorbet, and these lime popsicle margaritas. Summer time taste simply acquired an entire lot sweeter… and I’m transporting you straight to Key West with these tiny little cookies!
I like to consider them as lime meltaways, or key lime tea cookies… an sudden tiny candy deal with that’s good for popping in your mouth for spring and summer season celebrations!
When you’re making these for St. Patrick’s Day, don’t skip my Fortunate Attraction Treats, too!
Why You’ll Love these Key Lime Cookies
- These cookies are gentle and buttery, completely sweetened with the zest and juice of limes.
- Minimal Components
- Nice for thus many Events
- Completely Citrusy
“These simply screamed summer season to me and they didn’t disappoint! THANK YOU! Can be making them once more!”
Components and Substitutions
- All-Goal Flour – All-purpose flour is the commonest for baking as a result of it combines arduous and smooth wheats and works fantastically in most recipes (additionally referred to as plain flour in different cultures!).
- Butter – Room temperature, in fact. Whereas many bakers favor unsalted butter, we like our baked items with just a little increased candy and salty ratio. I typically have salted butter readily available, however you need to use no matter you’d like! Nevertheless, there’s no added salt on this recipe so in the event you’re not utilizing salted butter, you may throw a pinch of salt within the bowl!
- Cornstarch – Used as a thickening agent in baking, cornstarch works wonders in cookie recipes! It provides a creamy, lighter texture on this recipe.
- Powdered Sugar – This advantageous, candy sugar is what makes these little meltaway-inspired lime cookies so candy and creamy.
- Lime Juice – You should utilize key lime juice or common limes. I’ll focus on that extra beneath!
- Grated Lime Zest – Any type of lime will do!
- Powdered Sugar – additionally referred to as confectioner’s sugar, this advantageous, powdery sugar is a necessity in most frosting recipes!
- Butter – Once more, room temperature and I favor salted however you need to use no matter you could have readily available.
- Lime Juice – Common limes or key limes, your name. I’ll present you find out how to calculate the totally different quantities beneath.
- Grated Lime Zest – Only a contact of lime zest provides a lot texture and candy citrus taste!
Methods to Make
- Preheat oven to 350 levels.
- As your oven is preheating, zest and simply your limes.
- Mix butter and sugars and all different cookie substances in a big bowl or fitted stand mixer.
- Beat at a low pace to mix, scraping the aspect as wanted.
- Chill dough in flat disk form, rolled between sheets of parchment or wax paper (as pictured) for 1-2 hours till agency.
- Roll dough on a floured floor and minimize into desired shapes. For the cookie cutter form pictured, I used this cookie cutter. Ours had been round ¼ of an inch thick, however you would go away them as much as ½ an inch thick relying on desired thickness.
- Place on ungreased baking sheets (I all the time line with a silpat or parchment paper).
- Bake for 8 minutes (7-8 minutes tops in the event you’re making them as tiny as we did… you may must go a contact longer for bigger or thicker cookies.) Simply watch your oven time fastidiously – cookies received’t brown on the appropriate baking time!
- Permit them to chill utterly.
- As cookies are cooling, make your scrumptious lime frosting! Mix all substances in a medium bowl. Beat at a medium pace in your stand mixer till mixed.
- Utilizing a frosting tip or perhaps a plastic bag, pipe a dab of frosting onto every cookie and luxuriate in!
- Room temperature butter is crucial! When you don’t have a flowery frosting tip, that’s okay – simply clip the tip of a ziplock bag for equally scrumptious outcomes.
- Bake Time Will Differ – You have to to regulate your bake time primarily based on how thick your cookies are and the scale of your cookie cutters. They’re prepared when they’re set (no moisture look within the center) and barely brown.
- Chill Dough – It’s important to sit back the dough earlier than slicing and baking the cookies. It will assist to stop unfold and the dough will probably be simpler to roll out.
- Use a Frosting Tip (or perhaps a ziploc bag!) – This makes them oh so cute, with none particular expertise! To make use of a ziploc bag, merely minimize the nook off at an angle, fill the bag, take away air and seal. Squeeze to frost.
- Bake the cookies on a parchment or silpat lined cookie sheet.
Ceaselessly Requested Questions
Each sorts of limes provide related well being advantages. They’re each nice sources of Vitamin A, B, C and D, identical to lemons!
Sure, they’re a contact much less acidic, which implies that general they’ve just a little extra sweetness.
What’s the Distinction Between Key Limes and Common Limes?
Usually talking, key limes are rather less tart and acidic, making them just a little sweeter. As key limes ripen, they typically have a barely sweeter taste than common limes.
Until your style buds are very refined, you may not discover a lot distinction in any respect! (Don’t say that to anybody from Key West, although!)
You should utilize both type of lime juice and zest for this lime cookie recipe. Simply know that the flavour may be a contact totally different – in the event you use common limes, these cookies may have a contact stronger lime flavoring. Which means they are going to be just a little extra acidic.
No matter what sort of limes you employ, I promise you that these cookies are scrumptious! The sweetness of the powdered sugar and the creamy butter will steadiness all of the lime taste, it doesn’t matter what variety you employ.
Methods to Retailer
- Room Temperature – You may make the cookies forward of time and retailer them in an hermetic container for two or 3 days at room temperature.
- Fridge – If in case you have further, the frosting will preserve coated within the fridge for 4 to five days. Identical goes for the cookies!
- To Freeze – Unfrosted lemon cookies preserve properly frozen for as much as 3 months in an hermetic container. I like to put them in a freezer bag, adopted by an hermetic container so freezer odors don’t seep in.
- To make Gluten Free, use a 1:1 gluten free flour and cornstarch.
- Nut Free
What do you assume? May you discover 1,000,000 methods to serve up these cute little key lime cookies? They’re like key lime pie in a bit-sized cookie format… how are you going to go unsuitable?
Be part of Now!
Hungry for easier recipes? Join my free recipe membership and have superb recipes delivered on to your inbox every week!
Candy and Citrusy Frosted Key Lime Cookies
Candy bursts of cool citrus taste in these key lime cookies is such a tiny enjoyable shock! Love key lime pie? You’ll love these little key lime tea cookies!
Forestall your display screen from going darkish
Preheat oven to 350°F.
As your oven is preheating, zest and simply your limes.
Mix butter and sugars and all different cookie substances in a big bowl or fitted stand mixer.
Beat at a low pace to mix, scraping the aspect as wanted.
Chill dough in flat disk form, rolled between sheets of parchment or wax paper (as pictured) for 1-2 hours till agency.
Roll dough on a floured floor and minimize into desired shapes. For the cookie cutter form pictured, I used this cookie cutter. Ours had been round ¼ of an inch thick, however you would go away them as much as ½ an inch thick relying on desired thickness.
Place on ungreased baking sheets (I all the time line with a silpat or parchment paper).
Bake for as much as 8 minutes – see notes beneath on baking instances.
Permit them to chill utterly.
As cookies are cooling, make your scrumptious lime frosting! Mix all substances in a medium bowl.
Beat at a medium pace in your stand mixer till mixed.
Utilizing a frosting tip or perhaps a plastic bag, pipe a dab of frosting onto every cookie and luxuriate in!
- Bake for 7-8 minutes tops in the event you’re making them as tiny as they’re pictured in these photographs… you may must go a contact longer for bigger or thicker cookies.
- Simply watch your oven time fastidiously – cookies received’t be brown on the appropriate baking time!
- Use a frosting tip or perhaps a ziploc bag with the nook minimize off for frosting these easy cookies.
Energy: 309kcal (15%), Carbohydrates: 33g (11%), Protein: 2g (4%), Fats: 19g (29%), Saturated Fats: 12g (60%), Ldl cholesterol: 51mg (17%), Sodium: 170mg (7%), Potassium: 17mg, Fiber: 1g (4%), Sugar: 18g (20%), Vitamin A: 591IU (12%), Vitamin C: 1mg (1%), Calcium: 8mg (1%), Iron: 1mg (6%)
Estimated vitamin data is offered as a courtesy and isn’t assured.