This web site could include affiliate hyperlinks and promoting in order that we are able to present recipes to you. Learn my privateness coverage.
Smooth, chewy, butter pecan cookies made with flippantly toasted pecans and crunchy toffee bits. These are buttery and scrumptious and there’s no mixer or chilling required!
Aren’t simple cookie recipes the perfect? They make a fast and simple candy deal with for my household. We will by no means get sufficient! A couple of extra of my favourite cookie recipes (that you simply’ve GOT to strive) are these crimson velvet white chocolate chip cookies, banana cream pudding cookies, and white chocolate Oreo cookies!
Butter Pecan Cookie Recipe
Butter pecan is considered one of my favourite dessert flavors. (This butter pecan cake is a must-try!) I made a decision to strive it out in cookie type! Many butter pecan cookie recipes are typically crisp and a little bit too dry for my liking. For immediately’s recipe I knew I wished a tender, thick, chewy cookie, and this recipe delivers! I do know you’re going to find it irresistible as a lot as I do.
These butter pecan cookies are like a comfy hug in cookie type! They’re full of wealthy, buttery taste and crunchy bits of toasted pecans and toffee that make each chunk a delight. And the perfect half? They’re tremendous simple to make! All you want is a few butter, brown sugar, flour, vanilla, and naturally, pecans. Simply combine all the pieces collectively, roll them into little balls, and pop them within the oven for a couple of minutes. I toasted my pecans for a little bit additional taste, however you possibly can skip this step in the event you’re quick on time! So go forward, take pleasure in some butter pecan goodness – your style buds will thanks!
That is considered one of my favourite cookie recipes as a result of I often have a lot of the components able to go in my pantry. Every of those components work collectively to create probably the most buttery, scrumptious cookie ever! You’re going to like them. Try the recipe card beneath for precise measurments.
- Unsalted Butter: Makes the cookies tender and tender!
- Darkish Brown Sugar: Darkish brown sugar incorporates extra molasses than mild brown sugar, giving it a wealthy and sophisticated taste.
- Sugar: Simply common granulated sugar is ok!
- 1 Massive Egg + 1 Egg Yolk: Binds the components collectively. I added an additional yolk so the cookies prove extra wealthy and tender.
- Vanilla Extract: Deepens the flavour of the butter pecan cookies. Use pure vanilla extract when you’ve got it!
- All-Goal Flour: The bottom of the cookies.
- Cornstarch: Acts as a thickener.
- Baking Soda and Baking Powder: You’ve received so as to add each so these cookies rise correctly and have a young crumb.
- Salt: Works as a taste enhancer!
- Pecan Halves: The star of the present! These give the cookies the perfect texture and buttery taste.
- Heath Toffee Bits: (Non-compulsory) I like including Heath bits due to their added crunch and caramel taste. You possibly can omit them if you need!
The best way to Make Butter Pecan Cookies
These butter pecan cookies are really easy to make. And so they’re prepared in lower than half-hour, which is a plus! As a result of they arrive collectively in a snap, it’s the right last-minute dessert for events and get-togethers.
- Preheat Oven, Prep Pan: Preheat oven to 350 levels Fahrenheit and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Toast Pecans: Unfold pecan halves evenly over cookie sheet and bake on 350 levels for 3-5 minutes.
- Chop: Take away from oven and coarsely chop (don’t flip off your oven). Then put aside.
- Sugar Combination: In a big mixing bowl, mix melted, cooled butter and sugars. Stir properly.
- Add in Moist Elements: Add eggs, egg yolk, and vanilla extract and stir till well-combined.
- Flour Combination: In a separate, medium-sized bowl, whisk collectively flour, cornstarch, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- Mix: Step by step add flour combination to moist components till fully mixed.
- Combine-Ins: Add chopped pecans and toffee bits (if utilizing) after which stir properly.
- Add to Pan: Line cookie sheets with parchment paper and drop cookie dough by heaping 1 ½ tablespoon onto ready cookie sheet, spacing at the least 2″ aside.
- Bake: Switch to oven and bake for 10-12 minutes till golden brown. Enable to chill fully on baking sheet earlier than having fun with!
Ideas for Making Butter Pecan Cookies
These butter pecan cookies are fairly simple to make, however I did wish to embrace a couple of ideas for you! Right here’s how one can make them prove as tasty as attainable. I do know they’ll be successful wherever they go! You possibly can’t go unsuitable with buttery, selfmade cookies. They’ve the perfect buttery, toasty taste!
- Toast Pecans: Toasting your pecans is optionally available, however I actually advocate it for this butter pecan cookie recipe. It takes lower than 5 minutes and enhances the flavour and crispness of the pecans!
- Toast Earlier than Chopping: Be sure you toast your pecan halves earlier than chopping them. This may guarantee even toasting (no burnt or under-done items this manner!) Simply ensure you allow them to cool earlier than chopping them!
- Cool Butter: Let your butter cool for at least 10 minutes earlier than including the sugar. In case your butter is just too sizzling, it should find yourself melting your sugar and also you’ll have a runny cookie dough that may unfold throughout your cookie sheet whenever you go to bake it.
- Including Toffee: The toffee bits add a pleasant additional dimension of taste and texture to those cookies, I can’t take pleasure in butter pecan cookies with out them anymore!
- Don’t Overbake: I wish to take my butter pecan cookies out of the oven whereas they’re nonetheless a little bit tender. They’ll proceed to prepare dinner on the baking sheet for a minute or two. This fashion, they find yourself completely tender and chewy!
Butter pecan cookies by no means final lengthy in my home. They’re simply too good! If you happen to’re fortunate sufficient to have some left over, right here’s the right way to preserve them tasting recent and scrumptious.
- At Room Temperature: Retailer any leftover, cooled cookies in an hermetic container at room temperature for 3-5 days.
Can Butter Pecan Cookies Be Frozen?
Sure! Butter pecan cookies might be frozen and loved later. To freeze them, be sure that the cookies are fully cool and place them in a single layer in an hermetic container or freezer bag. Additionally, separate the layers with parchment paper to stop the cookies from sticking collectively. They are often saved within the freezer for as much as 3 months. Whenever you’re able to take pleasure in them, take the cookies out of the freezer and allow them to come to room temperature. This will take a couple of hours, or you possibly can pace up the method by inserting them within the fridge for an hour or so. As soon as they’re at room temperature, they need to be simply as tasty as whenever you first made them!
Preheat oven to 350F and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
Unfold pecan halves evenly over cookie sheet and bake on 350F for 3-5 minutes.
Take away from oven and coarsely chop (don’t flip off your oven). Put aside.
In a big bowl, mix melted, cooled butter and sugars. Stir properly.
Add eggs, egg yolk, and vanilla extract and stir till well-combined.
In a separate, medium-sized bowl, whisk collectively flour, cornstarch, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
Step by step add flour combination to moist components till fully mixed.
Add chopped pecans and toffee bits (if utilizing) and stir properly.
Line cookie sheets with parchment paper and drop cookie dough by heaping 1 ½ Tablespoon onto ready cookie sheet, spacing at the least 2″ aside.
Switch to 350F oven and bake for 10-12 minutes. Enable to chill fully on baking sheet earlier than having fun with!
Retailer any leftover, cooled cookies in an hermetic container at room temperature for 3-5 days.
Up to date February 17, 2023
All dietary info is predicated on third celebration calculations and is barely an estimate. Every recipe and dietary worth will differ relying on the manufacturers you employ, measuring strategies and portion sizes per family.