When your subsequent chocolate craving hits, you’ll be glad to have this recipe for 1 big double chocolate cookie. Additional chewy, fudgy, and with double the chocolate, this mega-sized cookie couldn’t be simpler to make and is ideal for sharing… or not.
I initially revealed this recipe again in 2013.
My recipe for double chocolate chip cookies is a ceaselessly favourite, however typically life (or a craving) occurs and we don’t have the the time (or persistence) to attend for cookie dough to sit back. Or perhaps we simply don’t want 2 dozen chocolate cookies in our kitchens!
That is when a recipe for simply 1 massive cookie is useful.
As we speak’s big double chocolate cookie satisfies even the most important chocolate craving. Transfer over chocolate truffles, as a result of in much less time, we are able to prep, bake, AND eat a chocolate cookie the scale of our faces. Sure, you’ll have a heat 6-inch chocolate cookie in simply 35 minutes.
Consuming Success Tip/Life Hack: Place heat cookie on a big plate and plop some vanilla ice cream on prime and drizzle with caramel. Take pleasure in.
All the pieces to Love About 1 Big Double Chocolate Cookie
The way to Make 1 Big Double Chocolate Cookie
The substances record for this outsized chocolate cookie is similar to my double chocolate chip cookies, solely downsized. And fortunate for you, you most likely have most (if not all) of the substances available.
The one tough half, if you happen to may even name it that, is the egg. In case you’ve made my recipe for 1 big monster cookie earlier than, you understand the drill. Because you’re downsizing the whole lot else, you could downsize the egg, too. Take one egg, crack it, beat it, after which use 2 Tablespoons of the crushed egg. Save the remainder (it’s not a lot) for tomorrow morning’s omelet.
Relating to the chocolate chips, something goes right here. Semi-sweet, milk, darkish… no matter you want in your chocolate chip cookies, you’ll like right here. You may even use white chocolate chips like in these inside out chocolate chip cookies, or Reese’s Items such as you see on this 1 big Reese’s Items cookie. A should for all chocolate/peanut butter lovers!
No Dough Chilling Required
Actually, there’s no cookie dough chilling required however I do discover the cookie holds form higher if you happen to refrigerate the dough because the oven preheats… even when that’s for simply 5 minutes.
When the oven is prepared, merely form the cookie dough into a big mound in your lined cookie sheet (a silicone baking mat or parchment paper is at all times beneficial). It may be a bit sticky, so use a spoon and form it as finest you may.
The bake time is round 20 minutes. As soon as these edges are set, the cookie is completed.
Huge Cookie or Huge Batch?
In case you’re within the temper to share, you need to use this recipe to make 4 smaller (however nonetheless a lot huge!) cookies. Bake time might be about 9-10 minutes. See recipe Be aware beneath.
But when you could make a complete batch of cookies to share with household and buddies, I like to recommend my double chocolate chip cookies. It’s an extremely versatile chocolate dough, so you need to use that very same fundamental recipe to make s’extra chocolate crinkle cookies in the summertime, peppermint mocha cookies within the winter, or traditional chocolate crinkle cookies any time of 12 months. A chocolate cookie for each event. 😉
If I’m making one in all these for Valentine’s Day or one other vacation, I really like including just a few sprinkles on prime earlier than baking. Completely optionally available!
Extra Big Cookie Recipes
And whereas it’s not a cookie recipe, let me remind you about my big cinnamon roll cake. It’s mainly a mega-sized cinnamon roll, and who can say no to that. 😉
1 Big Double Chocolate Cookie
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Prepare dinner Time: 20 minutes
Whole Time: 35 minutes
Yield: 1 massive cookie
Use this cookie dough to make one big 6-inch double chocolate cookie or 4 smaller chocolate cookies. It’s additional fudgy and delicate… like an outsized brownie!
- Combine the softened butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar along with a spoon, fork, or small silicone spatula till creamed. (Or use a handheld or stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment on medium pace.) Stir within the crushed egg and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt collectively. Pour the dry substances into the moist substances and blend to mix. Fold in 1/4 cup chocolate chips.
- Preheat oven to 350°F (177°C). Place dough within the fridge as oven preheats, even when it’s for under a pair minutes.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or silicone baking mat. Spoon the dough within the heart of the baking sheet and mould right into a tall ball or mound utilizing a spoon (see image above). Dot the highest of the cookie with 1 Tablespoon of chocolate chips. Add sprinkles on prime, if desired.
- Bake for 18-22 minutes, or till the perimeters seem set. The cookie will look tremendous delicate within the heart, however will agency up because it cools.
- Cool the cookie on the baking sheet for 5-10 minutes earlier than consuming. Retailer leftovers (if there are any!) coated at room temperature for as much as 5 days. Cookie freezes effectively as much as 3 months. Thaw at room temperature.
- Particular Instruments (affiliate hyperlinks): Baking Sheets | Silicone Baking Mat or Parchment Paper | Glass Mixing Bowl
- 4 Smaller Chocolate Cookies: You should utilize this recipe to make 4 smaller chocolate cookies. Simply divide the dough into 4 smaller mounds on the lined baking sheet. Bake for 9-10 minutes or till edges seem set.
- Entire Batch: Wish to make a complete batch of chocolate cookies? Use my straightforward double chocolate chip cookies recipe as an alternative.
- Can I make this a daily big chocolate chip cookie? Sure. Exchange the cocoa powder with 2 extra Tablespoons of flour (16g).
- Extra Success Suggestions: Be sure you try my prime 5 cookie baking ideas AND these are my 10 must-have cookie baking instruments.
Key phrases: big chocolate cookie